EOC 468 x 60 Add
Google
 
Want To Tell Me How Wrong I am

Friday, February 1, 2008

Pau Gasol to Lakers For Kwame Brown

I am so happy I could shout. First off I would like to apologize for all of the bad things I said about Mitch Kupchak. Between the move to get Ariza and now this deal, I am starting to forget the deal that brought us Brown (see: worst trades ever)

Mark Stein of ESPN is reporting that the deal would include Pau Gasol and a future second-round pick to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton, the unofficially retired Aaron McKie , the draft rights to Pau Gasol's brother Marc and future first-round picks in 2008 and 2010

I am already some what of a Gasol fan, this however will put it through the roof. I think an active center will be a big benefit to the triangle offense. Gasol hasn't really performed up to expectations this season, after a strong finish last year. Hopefully Phil's presence will help that. Another aspect that I think will allow Gasol to flourish is the fact that he doesn't seem to be the leader he was asked to be in Memphis. With veterans like Fisher and Bryant around Gasol can focus on playing basketball.

One interestng dynamic will be how this plays out when Andrew Bynum returns from injury in another month. Will they split time on the court? Is Gasol athletic enough to play the power forward?


If you like this blog Subscribe via RSS or Subscribe by Email
Learn more about RSS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no splitting time on the court donkey boy. Pau is a power forward and is for sure athletic enough to play his natural spot. This trade automatically makes the Lakers the strongest team in the West and possibly the NBA!!!

RJC

Ron Dean said...

Now that I am clear on two things 1) Gasols natural position

2) My status as donkey boy

I can gladly anticipate the Lakers rise to the Championship