EOC 468 x 60 Add
Google
 
Want To Tell Me How Wrong I am

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I Mayer May(er) not care what you think

John Mayer posted the following on his blog today

DON'T EX WITH TEXAS
Dear Dallas and Surrounding Areas,This isn't a sports blog, and it isn't a
publicity stunt. (but have at me if it feels right.)This is about doing what I
think is right as a person, in this case speaking my mind. I have never known
anyone to have more pride in their home state and their upbringing in it than
Jessica Simpson has in Texas. I don't really follow sports, but I have played
some of my biggest and best concerts in your state, and having witnessed how
dynamic the spirit there is, I'm betting emotions are running high right about
now.All witty barbs, blogs, and fashion policing aside, that girl loves Texas
more than you know. It's one of her most defining traits as a person. So please
don't try and take that away from her. (You probably wouldn't be able to, but
it's less work for all involved.) I just thought it would mean something coming
from the guy who has the absolute least to gain from this. And if I'm out of
line in having written it, too bad. I can spare a Wednesday's worth of bad press
if it means sticking up for a good soul. JM


I think it is great that he is trying to do something nice, especially for someone he could have hard feelings toward. I do however have one issue. His complete narcissism. John do you really think there was really going to be some outcry about your "publicity stunt", and that "bad press" your not worried about? I don't see it coming. You see I don't care about the Jessica Simpson angle one bit and I care even less to get your take on it. Go back to sprinting down the Michael Bolton, love ballad, career path and let me enjoy football.

No comments: