EOC 468 x 60 Add
Google
 
Want To Tell Me How Wrong I am

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Whats the Real Reason Bobby Knight Is Leaving

I don't mean to be a cynic here. I am actually a huge fan of Bobby Knight. I am a very fiery guy. I see how Knight gets as riled up and frustrated as he does. I can even understand his reactions, even though I know they are over the top sometimes. I do have questions about his abrupt departure.



He is being replaced by his son, Pat Knight. Pat was named as his fathers succesor in 2005. With the history that Bob has I can't help but wonder. Is he departing amidst some as of yet unknown problem. By leaving now is he ensuring that the head spot would still be available to his son. I really have no reason other than past history to suspect something other than "just because" as the reasoning for Bob Knights departure.



The biggest thing that makes me question this whole thing is the following ridiculous comments "There's a transition that's going to take place here from me to Pat and I've dwelt on this all year long ... how it would be best for him and for the team and for what we can do in the long run to make this the best thing for Texas Tech," Knight told the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, which first reported the resignation. Really!?, Bob you decided "...how it would be best for him and for the team..." would be to leave in the middle of the season. Sounds totally reasonable.

If you like this blog Subscribe via RSS or Subscribe by Email
Learn more about RSS

No comments: