EOC 468 x 60 Add
Google
 
Want To Tell Me How Wrong I am

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Vikings Trade Troy Williamson to Jags

Anthony Hall of Vikings War Cry is reporting that Vikings receiver Troy Williamson has come to terms on a trade with Jacksonville. Reportedly it will be a pick from the 2nd day of the draft.

Last week Williamson's agent was total he could shop around to see what other teams might be willing to give for his player. I am sure the Vikings like myself expected the answer to be "nothing, I wouldn't trade you anything for the biggest draft bust in recent memory."Apparently Jacksonville has a short memory, as in, "can't remember how bad Williamson was last season" short. At this point I am having the most difficulty with two simple choices; Am I more pissed off they are only getting a day 2 draft pick or am I more surprised they got anything at all.

While it is impressive that the Vikings aren't being forced to just release him, the disappointment still kills me. It isn't that he was 7th overall and now we are getting a 6th or 7th rouunder for him. It is the fact we chose him in the first place, a junior out of a smaller school like South Carolina just isn't the 7th pick overall. Especially in a year where the Vikings passed on Antrel Rolle, Carlos Rogers, Demarcus Ware, and Shawne Merriman. Those 4 came in the next 5 picks, forget the late round surprises that did well. These 4 were known talents, but the Vikings thought they were smarter than everyone else.

I am willing to let this go, I promise not to rant on for the next 20 years about it the way I do about the Herschell Walker deal. In return I want only one thing from the Vikings. Don't try and hit a home run in the draft this year; just take the best guy out there. When the Vikings took Randy Moss inspite of the issues that had cause him to drop that worked out. When they got Adrian Peterson because of his durability questions it seemed to work. So just take the best guy on the board, everytime you go for the surprise it seems as though us fans are the ones who are surprised, and not pleasently.

No comments: