EOC 468 x 60 Add
Google
 
Want To Tell Me How Wrong I am

Friday, January 25, 2008

Oakland Raiders Offseason

I know this isn't going to work. I mean I have lived in California for quite a while and I know more Raider fans than anything else. However, it is my breath so I will waste it. "Raider fan-You are not going to win the superbowl in 2008, you are not going to make the superbowl, You wont get to the playoffs, you might want to start rooting for .500."

The raiders have problems everywhere. It starts at the top, I posted earlier today about Bat shit crazy Al Davis trying to talk Lane Kiffin out of 4 million. So first off they need to get a head coach. Right now the rumor mill has ground out Dennis Green as Al Davis' choice for successor. Sounds great but doesn't Denny get a choice. I mean he hasn't sunk so low has he. I would love to hear a reason he would take this job because I can't think of one. So we'll see who ends up in that r'ole(r'ole:Initially a typo but now an abbreviated form of RAT HOLE).

On to bigger problems, the NFL carries a 52-man roster. Of that 52-man total the Raiders are facing 20 guys going into free agency, not to mention losing Warren Sapp to retirment. That's about 40% folks. I can't really decide if this is terrible becuase the new coach will have such little continuity to work with, or if it is great because who really wants a bunch of guys who went 4-12 back from last year.

A couple of the key Free agency guys are:

Nnamdi Asomugha: Easily a top 5 corner in the NFL. So don't worry about him being gone, all that really needs to be determined is can they work out a deal or is it "oakland Raider fans meet your new Franchise Tag player, Nnamdi Asomugha.

Justin Fargas: Sign him. He isn't gonna break records but he is reliable and seems relatively happy on the Raiders. There is a lot of talk about the Raiders taking McFadden if he is still on the board at thier pick. I think they will but I tihnk it will be a mistake if they do. I don't think McFadden is a bust. Quite the opposite actually I'll be shocked if he doesn't work. However there are a lot of positions where they could improve a lot more than they would at running back by taking McFadden.

Josh McCown: He turned out to be a surprisingly servicable quarterback. I mean he is no Derek Anderson(I never thought I'd be using that line), but he could be a good back-up to Russel

So if by some miracle Al Davis doesn't go for the big name. Which is something he has always done in the past. They will take Chris Long(DE-VA) if he has lasted that long or they may reach a little for Vernon Gholston(DE-OSU). I seriously doubt they would take Jake Long(OT-Mich) so soon after the Robert Gallery bust. Though knowing Al's mentality he may take him just to spite people.

If you like this blog Subscribe via RSS or Subscribe by Email
Learn more about RSS

No comments: