EOC 468 x 60 Add
Google
 
Want To Tell Me How Wrong I am

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I love the Vikings. I was born in Minnesota and my earliest memories are of me and my father watching games together. I will never root for another team or waiver in my love for the purple. But that doesnt exclude me from frustrations. And by frustration I mean "don't talk to me on days we lose" type frustration.

As a reasonable fan I don't need to win a Superbowl every year. But in my life time we (yes WE. I get to say We because I have more time invested in this team than any player.) have never won and we have had one top 5 pick.

It's the mediocrity that kills me. By week 6 of this year there was not a Lion fan that was still holding on to hope. I can't say the same. We all started out the year listening to the talking heads predictions of our superbowl chances. Then we experienced the ups and downs and squeeked into the pllayoffs.

The difference between us and the Lions now. 21, there are 21 spots between there draft selection and ours. So now who's happier; Lions fan or Vikings fan. Ok we're still happier I mean seriously they're the Lions. But did you really savor that first round playoff game, will you be wearing your 2008 NFC North Championship shirt with pride. Not I.

So Vikings I have a simple request. Progress. I want a draft pick that is top 5 or a Superbowl. NOTICE: I did not say TRIP to the Superbowl. I do not want to be a fan of the team that went 0-5.

No comments: